The Plastic-Free Tuesday movement is growing bigger. People from all around the world are showing their support and are skipping plastic consumption and plastic waste at least one day a week.
We would love to spread the word about the problems of plastic consumption and plastic waste to even more people and places, but we simply don’t have time to do so. Therefore, we are now recruiting!
At the moment we are looking for a Facebook community manager. Please find the details below.
If you don’t have the time, skills, or interest to join us yourself, maybe you know someone else who does. Please forward the details! Thank you for your support!
Plastic-Free Tuesday is looking for a Facebook community manager!
Do you know how to influence others by using the internet? Are you one of those people with awesome shared posts on Facebook? Do you get annoyed by the amount of plastic waste on this planet and are very excited to do something about this? Fantastic! We need you!
– Manage our Facebook account (post, respond, interact)
– Create visual content to share on Facebook (for example relevant plastic (free) pictures and infographics)
– Help write a communication plan to guide our communication on Facebook
– Help write a social media plan to guide and increase our overall online visibility
– Are 100% supportive of our mission and ambitions (read more here)
– Are fluent in English
– Are a skilled user of Facebook
– Love writing and are able to formulate short, to the point messages
– Know how (or are willing to learn) to visualize our message and the problem of plastic pollution
– Preferably are majoring in or have a background in Communication Studies
Approximately 5 hours per week, spread out during the week. Our team works from offices around the globe. You can work from anywhere and at any time of the day. We will schedule (bi)weekly work meetings to coordinate tasks and evaluate.
Why volunteer with Plastic-Free Tuesday?
Through this position you will further develop your social media skills while creating more awareness about plastic pollution and motivating people to reduce their plastic footprint. This hands-on experience will help you stand out from others once you’re out there on the job market. We are unable to pay you, but we will be happy to provide a letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the position.
– Send your motivation letter and C.V. by email to email@example.com
– Application due on February 28, 2015
– Interviews will be held in the first week of March
– Final decision by March 10, 2015
– Start internship March 20, 2015
– Length of the position is at least 4 months
Don’t feed the plastic monster!