**Deadline extended. Applications are open until 31 October 2018**
Plastic-Free Tuesday is looking for a Facebook manager!
Do you want to promote solutions that reduce plastic waste and plastic pollution? Are you knowledgeable or willing to learn about the adverse impacts of plastic on our planet? Fantastic! We’re looking for you!
– Manage our Facebook page: post messages (at least 2x a week); respond and interact on a daily basis
– Connect to and interact with other plastic-free activists and groups on Facebook
– Create visual content to share on Facebook (for example relevant pictures, quotes, and infographics)
– Are 100% supportive of our mission and ambitions (read more here)
– Are knowledgeable of the adverse environmental impacts of plastic (or willing to actively learn about this)
– Are fluent in English
– Love reading and writing and are able to formulate short, to the point messages
– Know how (or are willing to learn) to visualize our message and the problem of plastic pollution
About 3 hours per week. We post on Facebook at least two times per week (on Monday and Tuesday). Our team works from around the globe. You can work from anywhere and at any time of the day. We mainly coordinate tasks through email, but occasionally we also meet over Skype. The starting date is flexible, but the sooner the better.
Why volunteer with Plastic-Free Tuesday?
Through this position you will learn about plastic waste and plastic-free solutions as well as develop your social media and communication, while creating more awareness about plastic pollution and motivating people to reduce their plastic footprint. This hands-on experience will help you stand out from others on the job market, especially in the research, communication, or environmental sectors. We are unable to pay you, but we will be happy to provide a letter of recommendation.
Send your motivation letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is October 16. Please introduce yourself in the letter, describe why you would like to join Plastic-Free Tuesday, and explain what kind of skills and knowledge you have regarding plastic and social media. Should you have any questions, please email to the aforementioned address.
Don’t feed the plastic monster!