It has been ages since our last blog post. Other things in life are keeping us busy. But in the off line world, I and the rest of the team are still plastic minimalists and keep striving towards a plastic free life. The last couple of weeks I have rediscovered a home-made awesome scrub which I made almost a year ago. The recipe comes from my dear friend Annika. She made me a jar of this scrub as a Christmas gift. Once the jar was finished, I asked her for the recipe and she was so kind to send it to me. Today I am sharing it with you.
- 4 deciliter sugar (bulk or in paper packaging)
- 1 deciliter olive oil (bulk or in glass bottle with metal lid)
- orange juice from half an organic orange
- peel, grated from one organic orange
- 1 tablespoon dried mint (from the garden or in bulk or glass bottle)
Take a clean jar. Simply put all the ingredients in it and mix it with a spoon.
The result is a wonderful scrub that makes your skin soft and clean. It’s cheap, all natural and does not go bad. I made my jar about a year ago and it still smells fresh. I guess the sugar serves as a preservative here.
Thanks to Annika for this simply but effective, plastic-free recipe!
What’s your favorite plastic-free DIY skin care product?